QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Truly Tulips Finished!

Block 2 of Forever Flowers is called "Truly Tulips" and I finished this one today. This one even has a pretty little butterfly for an added effect! Now I am one day ahead of this BOM--what a good feeling! I pick up the next one on Tuesday at the LQS.

Now to do some hand quilting on a big quilt that I have been working on for quite awhile--hand quilting is very therapeutic in my mind--you can think about other things and you can think about how your grandma used to do this and you can transport yourself back to a different time and place if you want. We talk about the "good old days", but I for one, would NOT want to be without my air conditioning, microwave and nice car, not to mention my good washing machine and dryer, plus there's lots of other things we could name. Maybe we miss the company of friends and family and the slower pace of life,---but are those things really totally impossible now,---- I wonder????

6 comments:

Debi said...

Your block is really beautiful. I like this BOM you are doing. I can't wait to see the fnished quilt.

Jan said...

Thanks, Debi--I'm liking this BOM, too!

Sheryl said...

Jan, I also love this floral BOM you are doing. Your color choices are lovely! What applique method are you using?

swooze said...

Your Tulips are great. Makes me curious what the whole quilt will look like.

Jan said...

Thanks Sheryl! I'm using freezer paper needle turn applique--Kathy Delaney's method. You don't trace the pattern onto the background, but if it is very complicated you make an overlay. (At least that is what I am doing!!) It is a kit so the color choices are pre-made!!! "Forever Flowers" from www.quiltcompany.com if you are interested.

Jan said...

Thanks Swooze--here's a link to the website: www.quiltcompany.com name of quilt is "Forever Flowers."