QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, August 17, 2007

Three more Dear Janes!

Three more Dear Jane blocks completed! Slow, but surely these blocks will get done! My friend Debi and I have decided to be each other's cheerleader to cheer each other along as we work on our Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (Debi's) and Dear Jane (mine) quilts. It's always nice to have someone "rooting" for you from the sidelines and taking an interest in what you are doing. Maybe that's why so many of us are writing blogs nowadays. Everything has become so impersonal in our world today that this is our way of coming back around to the personal side of things again.

I personally love reading blogs and seeing what others are working on and I also love sharing what I'm doing and maybe a few thoughts of the day no matter how far fetched they may be; someone else is no doubt thinking the same thing! Here's to the person who first thought up the idea of a blog!!!!

4 comments:

Debi said...

Woo Hoo, great blocks Jan. They sure have a lot of little pieces. Are these blocks 4" blocks? You did a great job. Are you using any special line of fabric?

Jan said...

Yes, these finish at 4.5". I'm using Civil War reproductions. Thanks for the compliments!

dd2 said...

Jan's dd2 just opened a google account simply to call "dibs" on this quilt. Or, at least, humbly request a visit from this quilt upon completion, no matter how many years it takes. As usual, I am so impressed with what you are doing and the amount of creative work that is going into it. What a remarkable work of art!

Jan said...

Thanks dd2--it took me awhile to figure out who you are, but I get it now!! LOL!