QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Plano Quilt Show was great!







Today was the Plano Quilt Show "Labors of Love" and it was so much fun. There were 6 of us from the DFW Quilt Gang from QP Forum that met up and did the show and then went for lunch. We declared ourselves a guild today and to make it legal, we had chocolate at the meeting!!!!! Debi gave us our challenge fabrics--we have to do a 12" finished traditional block and a 12" finished appliqued blocks using the fabric shown in the first picture. I have some ideas going around in my head already!!! Then Debi will judge the blocks when we turn them in and sew them together for a quilt for Project Linus!

The second picture shows some darling coasters that JanJ made for everyone in the group!--Thanks Jan!

The third picture shows my loot from the show--I had fun finding the little tin and filled it up right away when I got home with some 30's blocks! Also found train fabric which we collect and some tan FQs for my next project. And some quilt shop pins for my little quilt that show off all my pins. I'll show a picture of that another day!
All in all a wonderful day filled with friends, fabrics and finds!!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan



3 comments:

Debi said...

We made out like bandits today. It was so much fun. I really like the train fabric and can't wait to see what you pattern you chose.
Tell Maynard thanks again for the "beautiful" pen!

Sheryl said...

What fun to see your loot from the show! I would have enjoyed shopping with you. The coasters from Jan are really cool. Rest your feet today and enjoy your treasures!

JanJ said...

I love the train fabric, it's adorable. I thought for sure Maynard would be bringing that Gamill home with you guys! :)
I had fun at the show with all of you!