QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, August 10, 2007

Fall Pumpkins Top Finished!


Here is the top called Fall Pumpkins. The pattern came from my Quilt Wizard--a pattern from them of 09-2006. I tweaked it to my liking and chose soome fall colors and so can claim it as mine! Nice to think Fall since it is 100 degrees today! I had wanted something that was fall and yet not Halloween for my seasonal wall and couldn't really find anything I liked until I came across this and knew it was what I wanted!!! Now to work on a Thanksgiving/Fall theme panel that a fellow quilter/friend JanJ gave me last winter (thanks Jan!) that has been patiently waiting for me to finish!!!!!



Funny isn't it? How things get put back with good intentions on being done, and then something else comes along and we work on that, and things get put on the back burner, so to speak, and there you go,----- but that's part of quilting, isn't it?--the planning and looking ahead at the "what lies beyond"...otherwise what would motivate us to keep on going--there's always the thrill of what's to come and what will this look like and "Did I really do that?"--"Hey I DID do that and it looks GOOD!!!!" (We won't talk about the things that don't come out so good---those are called "Learning Experiences!!!!!")



Let quilting help you make someone smile!



Jan

4 comments:

Debi said...

I love it Jan, and it is your own pattern to boot. It came out looking great, I really like the oranges.

Jan said...

Thanks, Debi! I wonder if I completely finish it and hang it up, cool weather will come?!!

Sheryl said...

Love that top! You must finish it right away because that first cool day is really not that far away. (We must have faith!)

I love how you described the way the UFO phenomenon happens. It's really just getting excited about the next new idea. I need to come clean about my UFOs in my blog soon!

Jan said...

Yes, school will be starting soon, they tell me and so cool weather can't be far away! UFO's just happen in all the excitment of new possibilities don't they!!!! Maybe we should rename them "OLD" possibilities versus "NEW" possibilities!!!!