QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Magic Diagonal Charm Quilt!







Thanks to my fellow quilter/friend Lynn I have a new pattern to share and what a fun one it is! Step 1 or first picture shows how to sew 123 5" charm squares together in 14 rows of 10 squares with placement of 17 plain or light colored quares in certain positions, so you know where to cut them apart--yes you are going to cut them on the diagonal of the light squares when they are all sewn together!



Step 2 or second picture shows the cutting in progress--that was hard to do---especially taking that first cut--I found it easiest to cut with a scissors while it was hanging on the cupboard or wall or whatever you hang your tops on to take pictures! You will get 4 pieces that you will put back together just like a jigsaw puzzle.

Step 3 or third picture shows the parts all put together with the diagonal plain/lights in half triangles around the quilt like magic. Not hard to do and fun to make!

If you have questions or a comment, write to me, I'd love to hear from you.

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan







5 comments:

Debi said...

Wow, what a transformation. It looks great. What a great idea for all those charm squares. If I give you some, will you make one for me, lol.

Jan said...

Tell you what, Debi--I'll share the pattern with you and you can have the joy of making your own!!!! Tee hee!!!!

Lynn W. said...

You did a great job on the quilt, Jan. Isn't it fun? And you are right, the first cut in the first top is definitely hard. Thanks for posting a picture.

swooze said...

Isn't that clever! Will you add borders to the top?

Jan said...

Swooze--Haven't decided about borders yet!