QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Tiny Pin Collection Quilt!



I mentioned this little quilt in the previous post so thought I would show a picture of it today. I made it to show off my collection of quilt shop and other pins that I have collected over the years. Some of the quilt shop pins are so pretty that I didn't want to just leave them in the drawer!

I spent the afternoon working on my challenge blocks for our guild's challenge and am happy to say that I have the traditional one done, but alas and alack I can show a picture of it yet because the deadline isn't until the first of October. I very happy with it and had a ball doing it--I guess that's half of it right there, isn't it??!!


I have the applique one chosen and the freezer paper cut out. I'll use needleturn applique for that and still have the marking and cutting of fabric to do. I hope that one will turn out like I envision it!

Sometimes that's half the battle isn't it--getting things to turn out like we envision them!!!! Whether it be a quilt block or an apple pie or the raising of a child!!! LOL!!!


Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

2 comments:

Debi said...

You have collected a lot if pins. So glad to hear you have your challenge blocks figured out. You know you can mail them BEFORE the deadline!!!

Jan said...

I have the traditional one done and the applique one ready to stitch so you MIGHT get them early! LOL!!