QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Nature Panel Finished!


Cool weather can come now because I finished another UFO (the top anyway!)--the Nature Panel that my fellow quilter/friend JanJ gave me last winter (thanks again Jan!) All I needed to do was put borders on it and I have a lovely wall hanging for Thanksgiving time for my seasonal wall! The saying by Charles Dickens says: "Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of it's own." A very nice quote!

More thoughts on UFOs: I told my friend Sheryl and I would like to share here, I think UFOs have gotten a bad rap and that as quilters we should expect to have some UFOs; therefore, I propose that we should stop calling them UFOs and start calling them "OLD possibilities" and the new things that we start would be called (go figure!) "NEW possibilities." Doesn't this have a much nicer connotation to it that of UFOs? Think about it!!!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

6 comments:

Debi said...

Oh yeah, I have the panel somewhere also. It is great for fall, which will be here before we know it. You did an excellen job and I love the colors. I really don't have UFO's, I have "works in progress."

JanJ said...

The panel looks great, Jan. I really like how you finished it. I also like your "old" possibilities. Great thinking!

Jan said...

Thanks Debi--I like your picture!

Jan said...

Thanks JanJ!

swooze said...

LOL. Nice theory. UFOs don't have to be bad things. I think it is just a reminder to resolve them in some way whether it is to complete them or move them along to someone else if you have no intention of finishing. And your definition of finish can be anything!

Jan said...

Thanks Swooze--I like the idea that "finish" can be anything you want it to be!