QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Dear Janes Numbers A-10 and A-11!


Dear Jane Number A-10 is aptly named "Which Way is West" and A-11 is called "Hourglass" and is a substitute block for one called "Pebble's Protest." Only I was the one who called the "Protest!" I really did try, but instead of really getting all stressed out about it, I decided enough was enough and went to the "Alternate Block List" and made another choice of one I knew that I could do.

Sometimes we have to know our limits don't we?--Learning to say "no" has been hard for me and you'd think after 60+ years, I could do so with much more graciousness than I do, but I find myself more often than not, saying "yes" and regretting it later. Not only do we do that with things that take up our time, but I think we do that when we make choices in our eating. I have been trying to lose weight and find myself saying "yes " to foods that I should be saying "no" to instead. Oh, if it only was as simple as "yes" or "no!" Maybe it is and I have made it harder in my mind!!! Something to think about!!??!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

2 comments:

Debi said...

Way to go Jan, great looking blocks. It is great to have alternate blocks you can make instead of getting frustrated. This quilt will be spectacular.

Jan said...

Thanks Debi--yep, alternate is good!!!!!