QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Small Grandmother's Flower Garden!



Today was Tuesday Sit N Sew day at the LQS and I worked on my English Paper Piecing Grandmother's Flower Garden mini quilt which is now at the point of being appliqued to the background fabric. I almost finished that task today! Next will come some embroidered vines and an appliqued basket at the bottom right hand side holding some appliqued leaves and flowers and vines. At least that's the vision -- we shall see what evolves.



The hexagons are 3/4" on a side and quite a nice size to work with and it's good carry with you work. The photo shows the "rough, being worked on image"--having not yet been ironed, since I still have some more to applique on.


The applique did come much more easily today than before, so there is truth in the old adage of "practice, practice, practice" and "the more you do something, the easier it gets!!!!" If this keeps up, I might even get to really, really like applique and not cringe every time I hear the "A" word!!!


Let quilting help you make someone smile!


Jan

4 comments:

Debi said...

Way to go! I knew you could finish this project. It looks absolutely wonderful, great job.

Jan said...

Thanks Debi--still have a bit of a ways to go, but I'm getting there!

swooze said...

Very nice! Keep at it.

Jan said...

Thanks Swooze!