QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hand Quilting Lives On!



This is a picture of "Sweet Tea" and I am hand quilting her--whew! This is the first large size quilt that I have hand quilted and it is taking me awhile to do. It's especially hard to do in hot weather, since I use a square lap hoop to quilt. So I haven't been working on it a lot this summer for obvious reasons. I do like working on it though because it is very soothing as I think I have mentioned before and am probably repeating myself (bear with me--I'm getting old!!!) It looks so nice, too when it is done properly and about a quarter of mine are done correctly now that I took a class and learned the proper technique. Our teacher was so good and put up with my gushing over her time and again about how much I was learning from her!!!

"Sweet Tea" is taking on a personality all her own and at times can be as soft as a purring kitten, but other times very sassy, as in not letting me place those stitches exactly where I want them to go. Do your quilts talk to you, too?

Let quilting help you make someone smile!


Jan

11 comments:

JanJ said...

Looking good, Jan! You are soooo right about doing it right. I know I had to relearn some things in order to get it right.

Debi said...

I love this quilt and you are doing a wonderful job hand quilting it. It looks great now that it is all put together.

Jan said...

Thanks JanJ!!! Learning by my mistakes is something I do a lot of! LOL!

Jan said...

Thanks Debi--this one has been awhile in the working!!!!!

Karen said...

Jan, I love this quilt! The colors are wonderful and you should be very proud of it!

dd2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dd2 said...

Love, love, love the ribbon border.

Jan said...

Thanks nanak!

Jan said...

Thanks dd2!

Sheryl said...

Jan, it's great to see that you are hand quilting! That is one of my favorite parts of quilting. We have to keep that art alive, and you are part of preserving it. I don't know if I exactly know the meaning of "Zen", but I think that is the state I am in when I am hand quilting!

Jan said...

It's great to share a love of hand quilting with others of "like-mind!" I find it very soothing!!