QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, August 6, 2007

Boot Scootin' Boogie

Just finished this quilt for my 4 year old grandson, Evan, to hang in his room. It is a pattern from an old Fons and Porter magazine. Fun to do. My husband, Maynard quilted it and I just finished the binding on it this afternoon. I'm not a Country Western music fan, but just might try some line dancing if I had a pair of boots like this--ha ha!!! I like to listen to light Classical music Bach and Handel and some of those types especially. To each his own--right? But every now and then , it's fun to turn the radio on and listen to the old rock and roll music from the past and get into a "rhythm" while free motion quilting--it does help you to relax and enjoy what you are doing and that's what it's all about--right? ----enjoying what you are doing!!!!


Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan

6 comments:

Debi said...

Evan is going to love this quilt. It is perfect for a little boy. You and Maynard did a great job.

Jan said...

Thanks Debi--this one was lots of fun!

Meredith said...

Wow your DH quilted it. What a nice gift for Evan. I am sure he will enjoy it and it was made by both grandparents.

Jan said...

Thanks Meredith! Yes, my husband quilts on our Little Gracie Pro II and is quite good at it. He is an engineer and likes the challenge!

JanJ said...

Great looking quilt, Jan! Evan will love it. Reminds me that I need to do something with the 30+ cowboy boot blocks I have from a swap a few years ago. :)

Jan said...

Thanks Jan--Wow, you have a bundle of blocks--you will have a neat quilt when you get done!