QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Schoolhouse Rock and Pencil Border Started!






Here's the blocks finished for Schoolhouse Rock from Fons and Porter . They are waiting for their sashing of blue. Also shown is a picture of 2 of the pencils that will make up one of the borders. The last border will be red. I managed to use up stash for all of these blocks, but don't have enough for the sashing or the red border. But I'm still happy that I could whittle down my stash this much.



There's a saying that "She who has the most fabric when she dies, wins!" Well, I disagree with that and think it should be: "She who uses up the most fabric, wins!" I have quite a stash, but it's so much fun to be able to go to the cupboard and put together a quilt just like the one I did, without having to buy all the fabric, every now and then! Most of my stash now is from leftovers from making quilts. I used to buy lots of fabrics, just because I liked them and still do some, but not so much anymore since I'm retired and try to be more careful with the funds!!!



We'll see what happens tomorrow at the Plano, Texas Quilt Show where I know some fabric will just jump into my cart and I won't know how it got there!!! My hubby is going with me and also we're meeting all the DFW quilters from the QP forum. Should be a fun time! If you see a medium-sized group (6-8 quilters) having a fun, laughing time, it's probably us, so be sure to say "hey!"


Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

4 comments:

Debi said...

Those schoolhouses are adorable and I love thos pencils. This quilt is going to be great. Is this a PL quilt?

Jan said...

Thanks Debi--no, this is a wall hanging for my seasonal wall!

JanJ said...

Those schoolhouses rock! Great job!

Beth said...

I love those blocks and the pencil border is just adorable! I can't wait to se it finished :)

Keep up the great work!