QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heirloom Romance Purse # 3




Here is Heirloom Romance Purse # 3--with beads and all!! These certainly are fun to do and watch them turn out so neatly. Although I can't imagine carrying a purse like that in these days--they sure didn't carry very much, did they? Maybe someone else carried all the "stuff" they needed and they didn't have to worry about it! LOL!! It certainly was a different time and era than what we live in today. Were they the good old days--I wonder? I'll take the indoor privvy and the air conditioning that we have today, thank you very much, before I wish to return to those good old days!

I also finished and am now caught up with crazy mom quilts blocks--all 10 of them -- I think I like these last 2 blocks the best of all of them so far now!

Yes, the last time we talked, I still had my arm in a sling, well, I have since been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, so have taken off the arm sling and am carefully sewing again. I say carefully because, if any of you have had this you know that it hurts if you move just right (or wrong) and you have to be careful. I go on Friday to the orthopedic surgeon to see what the next step is.

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

6 comments:

Myra said...

That purse block is just gorgeous Jan. The crazy mom blocks aren't too shabby either! :o)

Debi said...

Your blocks are fantastic. You do such a wonderful job. I am hoping your arm is better soon.

~Bren~ said...

Ouch...that has to hurt! Hope you heal soon. All your purses are beautiful. A victorian romantic feel.
Love your blocks!

Karen said...

Hello Jan ~ The purse block is really nice...you do great work! I love hese last two blocks and the colors you used.

So sorry to hear that you have a rotator cuff tear. Both my Mom and my SIL have had surgies for RCT and are doing well now. Hope you do well, however it is treated. Hang in there... (carefully).

JanJ said...

Ouch.....that hurt! I sure hope you can get that fixed really quickly. The block is beautiful.

Amanda Jean said...

your blocks are looking great!