QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Chocolate Sayings Quilt


This panel was from my friend Debi and says it all about chocolate--things like "Hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt!!" "Milk chocolate is a dairy product!" and my personal favorite, "Given enough Diet Soda and Chocolate, I could rule the world!!" I used lots of different fancy stitches that are on my machine to quilt it--that was fun, plus I didn't even download all the ones from the disc that are available! There are a bunch!

Maynard finished quilting the Thimbleberries BOM yesterday and now I need to get busy on that binding--I probably should have worked on that this afternoon, but the Chocolate panel was much more fun! There is a flap that has to be added in with the binding and while I'm sure it isn't all that hard, it is something I have never done before, so I'm putting it off just for that reason--I should just go ahead and "Just Do It" and put that experience behind me, but putting it off is so much more tempting!!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

4 comments:

Debi said...

I really like the way it turned out. All we need is chocolate and diet soda!

kcdi said...

Oh, I love it!!!! When it comes to chocolate though, what's not to love. You did a great job!

~Bren~ said...

Maybe THAT is why she is dropping the pounds...she gave the chocolate stuff to you!!!

Karen said...

Bring on the chocolate and Diet Coke! What a neat quilt and in a panel...wow. Great job and it looks like a lot of fun.