QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Barbie Furniture


Rumbling around in the boxes for a new project, I came across this Barbie-size living room set of furniture that I had started about a year ago and had set back unfinished for some unknown reason. So I pulled it out to work on it again and finished it up--good project to work on with arm in sling!! So now Barbie can have a living room for her house. Next I think she needs a bedroom, so I think I'll have to cut out a bed and dresser for her. The grandgirls, ages 5 and 2 have just started to notice Barbie and so I'll be ready for them when they start playing with her more. These pieces take awhile to make!!! (Don't know why the ottoman looks funny in the picture, but it really isn't in real life--must be the angle of the shot!!!)

They are made with plastic canvas and knitting worsted weight yarn--just the kind that you can buy at Wal-Mart. You use regular needlepoint stitches. I have made lots of things with plastic canvas and it is lots of fun, but the last 13 years or so, quilting has taken over my life and I haven't done so much. It's kinda fun to be back in it again! But I must confess quilting will always be my first love!! But hey, these are for the grandgirls so I love doing them!!!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

3 comments:

Debi said...

Very nice Jan. I am positive your grandgirls are going to love them. I can't wait to see the bedroom.

dd2 said...

Makes me want to play with my Barbies just looking at how cute they are!

Karen said...

What neat Barbie furniture, Jan! Your hurt wing is somehow "helping" you to finish other projects! The grand-daughters are sure to love these!
Karen