QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beadwork is Fun!






I've made up my mind to tie off my Heirloom Romance Crazy Quilt , so decided that I could do the beadwork on it as I go along. Went back to block 1 and did the beadwork on that one and here's the picture. Also finished the center block which is the fan that you see in the second picture--I added a little charm that says "I Love Quilting" and a little charm that is a purse in case you can't see them! This is turning into so much fun that I can see how these Crazy Quilts get loaded down with so much embroidery and doo-dads! But I want mine to remain somewhat simple, so I am resisting (so far) putting all that "gingerbread" on mine--we'll see how long that lasts!!!! LOL!


Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

3 comments:

Debi said...

Very very pretty, and I love the embroidery. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Myra said...

Ooooo, pretty Jan. I like working with beads too but they can be a bit fiddly at times.

dd2 said...

This quilt is already one of my favorites. I think you are doing a great job!