QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Today is the first day of the rest of my blog......









Hello everyone!


Have to start somewhere they say and so after my daughter said that I should start a blog I decided I would (since I had been thinking it would be fun to do anyway!!)


Above is the first block my latest project -- a star sampler quilt using the Sunshine collection of fabric from Moda by April Cornell. I love the colors and designs. The Fat Quarters were given to me by a dear friend of mine--thanks Debi! This one will go to my daughter who lives in Austin.


This was such a wonderful weekend with a visit from daughter and family from Austin--grandsons 9 months (Nathan) and almost 4 years (Evan). Grandpa and boys had lots of fun with all of our trains!


Will keep this first post short since I need to learn about all this new stuff!


Jan

8 comments:

Debi said...

A great place to start. I will make sure to mark this for future reference. Your block looks great and I really like those fabrics.

Lynn said...

That's going to be a beautiful quilt, Jan! Debi picked out wonderful fabrics.

Lynn in NC

Lynn W. said...

Whoo - a new blog! Congrats, Jan. Your quilt is beautiful -- I love that fabric line and have a lap quilt cut out for my mom from it.

Anne Gentle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Gentle said...

Yay, Mom! It's very exciting to have another blogger in the family! I'm so glad you started it and you'll have to link to my blog as often as you can at www.justwriteclick.com. Hee hee.

Jan said...

Thanks Anne for the link and the very special picture!!!!!

Karen said...

I found the link to your new blog at Delphi Forums Quilting Passion where I'm also a member (KarenKnits). I like the look of your site and love the star block you're making. Great colors.

Jan said...

Thanks Karen!