QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, July 20, 2007

Open and Shut Case!




Today I made a Wildflowers Pincushion Bag and am showing it to you open and shut. The pattern was confusing when I just read through it, so I decided to just take it one step at a time and then it wasn't bad at all--guess there's a lesson somewhere in that statement, isn't there?!

While sewing the little thread holders and needle holder I couldn't help but think about how there surely is a place for everything and everything in it's place--which is a good motto unless you happen to be in the middle of a project and then it's every man or sewing notion for himself or itself, I say!!! Of course, I might not be able to find the exact thing I'm looking for, but that's another story for another day!

Speaking of finding things, why is it that my husband can remember when I'm looking for something that the "something" is the very thing that I sold at the last garage sale? (It gives him great pleasure to tell me that, too) I guess that's why he keeps everything for that elusive "someday" and I don't!! (Except fabric, of course!!)

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

4 comments:

Debi said...

Jan:
That is really cute, I want one! You did an amazing job.

Jan said...

Thanks!!!! Be careful what you ask for!!! HA! HA!!

swooze said...

I really like your sewing ditty! Welcome to the Stashbuster webring!

Jan said...

Thanks swooze!