QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Quilting with the Grandkids!!!









Thanks to my daughter, I have pictures of our granddaughters laying out 4.5" quilt blocks of the fun 30's fabrics, which we will sew into 2 quilts, border and make a couple of quilts for them as a memory of our visit.



We are having a great week here in the middle of Ohio visiting Ilena, 1.5 years old and Isabel, 4.5 years old (and their parents of course!!!!) Their Daddy is off on a youth mission trip with the church where he is Youth Pastor, but he'll be back on Saturday. Mom works at her in home office so we get to see her and babysit as well--what fun that is--I'd forgotten how much energy little ones have!!!

Such a thing it is to be loved with the unconditional love of children and shouldn't we all take a lesson from it? Even if we make a mistake and ask for their forgiveness, they are eager to forgive and go on from there. What sweetness and joy they bring to our lives.

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

9 comments:

Sheryl said...

What fun! I almost feel like I'm there with you, playing with fabric, making lunch, changing diapers, wiping noses, etc. Thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful GDs. I have given my GD (age 17 months) a box of fabric scraps to play with, and she had a lot of fun.

Debi said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. I am so glad you are able to spend this time with your grandchildren. Enjoy each and every moment.

Jan said...

Thanks so much Sheryl--wouldn't it be fun to get our girls together?? We have to start out girls early at quilting--right???!!!

Jan said...

Debi--thanks so much--we're having lots of fun!

Jeanne said...

Such cute girls and pictures! It's never too early to introduce them to fabric! VBG

Joan J said...

What a wonderful gift you bring to your grandchildren. My grandson is the light of my life and he brings me such joy -- as I can tell your grandchildren do for you. We are so lucky! -- Joan

Jan said...

Thank you Jeanne--yes, we can never start too early to teach them about fabric and quilting!! The girls had so much fun as did Mom and Grandma and Pop-Pop (Their name for grandpa!!!)

Jan said...

Joan--our grandchildren are such blessings aren't they? Thanks for your kind comments!

Jeanne said...

Those girls are both adorable. They will treasure those pictures as adult quilters. Looks like a fun time for all.