QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

More for Project Linus!


Finished 2 quilts and 2 flannel blankets for our local chapter of Project Linus today and will send them off after we get back from vacation! Trying to tie up the loose ends before vacation--always nice to come home and start fresh!



Funny how that is--it's so nice to think about vacation and this one will be extra nice--spending time with 2 special ladies (and their parents) our granddaughters, Ilena 1.5 years old and Isabel 4.5 years old. Already Isabel has a list of things that Grandma and Pop-Pop will be doing while we are in Columbus, Ohio with them! I can't wait!



Anyway it's nice to get away from the ordinary, but nice to know in the back of your mind that you have the ordinary to return to, isn't it? I'm always game to try something new (within reason !!!) but have learned to be contented with what I have also (does that come with age, maybe?)--but that never stops me from trying the ever present new quilt pattern or looking at and wanting the newest quilt fabric or gizmo that comes my way--a girl has to have some vices--right!!!!!!



Let quilting help you make someone smile!



Jan


2 comments:

Debi said...

I always love all of your PL quilts. You and Maynard are such a great team. I am also glad your wonderful creations are staying in Texas!

J MUN said...

Thanks Debi--we have so much fun doing these quilts--I know that you do your share for PL Texas, too!!!