QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sit N Sew Day



Today was Sit N Sew day at the LQS (Local Quilt Shop) in the tiny town of Celeste, Texas, where quite a group of us gather once a week to ---what else----sit and sew and talk and gab and laugh and sometimes eat!!!!!! The store is The Quilt Mercantile and is in my humble opinion one of the best quilt stores in Northern Texas. Run by a mother and daughter team, they carry a wide assortment of fabrics and notions and have all kinds of classes; plus they are just downright NICE! Once a month our Sit N Sew group is treated to lunch and a showing of new gadgets and fabric lines and a demonstration with neat door prizes for show and tell--what fun!




It's a wonderful group of gals of all ages who share one thing in common--a love of everything quilting--if your quilt store has anything like this you would be doing yourself a favor to join in on the fun or start a group of your own!




I worked on Block #1 of the Forever Flowers BOM--the applique part and was glad that a couple of the gals there knew how to do applique and could help me as I muddled along--one of the other great things about Sit N Sew--help as needed!!!




All in all a very fine day!
Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan

4 comments:

Debi said...

Jan, I love the block. You need to send me the info on the entire quilt, I may need to do this one also. It is really beautiful and you did an oustanding job.

Jan said...

Debi--this is a quilt from "The Quilt Company" (www.quiltcompany.com) called "Forever Flowers" I got it at Celeste where they are doing it as a BOM--the flowers still have 2 more centers. Each block has different appliqued flowers. I'm glad you like it! Thanks for your kind words!

Lynn said...

That one block on its own would make a lovely little wallhanging.

Lynn in NC

Jan said...

L--thanks--at the rate of speed I'm going it may be hanging on it's own for awhile!!! Applique is not something at which I'm very fast! Each flower has 3 more little centers, too!