QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Amy's Stack and Whack



My daughter Amy wanted me to post a picture of her favorite quilt and so here it is....a stack and whack that was oh so fun to make. The hardest part was picking out the fabric. Vickey, the owner of Quilt Mercantile, (LQS, I talked about yesterday) helped me all the way through this one--it was like having private lessons and I was very grateful!. The fun part of Stack and Whack is that no two of the medallions are alike.

Today the piano tuner comes and what a relief it will be to play at my favorite classical tunes without a "thunk" for middle g! I hope I haven't let it go too long. Thank goodness for piano tuners who know what they are doing!

Music is such a big part of my life that I don't know what I would do without the piano and the classical CDs that I have--so soothing when the stresses of the day seem to take over--yes there are stresses of the day even for retired folk--right, retired folks out there??!!

Our mild mannered 4 year old grandson made me so proud when he asked if he could "play" the piano on Sunday and I told him he had to be very careful AND he was--such a gentle soul he has--I played "Jesus Loves Me " for him and he grinned from ear to ear. Later his Mom told me he was playing the song on his drum. My heart burst with pride--of course I envision a grand piano in his future and coat tails and Carneige Hall--grandmas can dream big can't they!
Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan

3 comments:

Debi said...

I really like how this quilt turned out. You did a magnificant job. I am sure your daughter will love it.

Sheryl said...

I'm enjoying your blog and your pictures, Jan! You are a good writer!

Jan said...

Thanks so much Sheryl--so glad you are enjoying my musings!