QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Working on String Quilt........




This shows my progress on a string quilt that I started quite awhile back and finally decided that I should finish! The first picture shows sewing of the triangular blocks and the second picture shows them finished. When I put them together they are supposed to make a secondary design of pinwheels. then the sections that I cut off are supposed to be used in the next quilt pattern called "Starstruck" to make another quilt. Isn't that good planning on the author's part? The book is "Strips and Strings" by Evelyn Sloppy. This is the second pattern I've made from this book, so it's a good one!

After 2 days of being in with the ice storm and missing Sit N Sew, it was time to get out this afternoon, so since the ice was all gone, I made a beeline for the Quilt Mercantile. Others must have felt the same way because there were several people there shopping and a class going on. My friend Debra was making a beautiful quilted jacket in luscious batiks and was almost finished with it! What a great class that must have been!!
Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

2 comments:

Barb said...

How nice....and yes, the author did plan ahead...how fun to make two quilts from one.

Babs said...

I have that book but haven't made anything from it yet. Can't wait to see your finished top.