QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Next to Last Block Done!


This Polka Dot Girl sitting on the settee is the next to the last block for the quilt! The end is clearly in sight. Hurrah! Although I will miss seeing these girls come to life "under the needle!" I am also coming along nicely with my wool applique--it's better once you get the hang of it, I guess, the wool is so soft that sometimes it is hard to applique, which is hard to explain, but that's the way it feels to me!!!



I have decided to try some knitting after I get the PDG quilt finished. I went to a lovely Yarn Shop and was overwhelmed with all the wonderful choices in yarn nowadays! WOW!! Luckily the owner was very helpful in picking out the right yarns for a slit scarf and a pair of slippers. (I want to try turning a heel!) crazy, aren't I?!



Let quilting help you make someone smile!



Jan

2 comments:

Barb said...

wow...I can only focus on one craft at a time...you are amazing.

Debi said...

Great block Jan. Wow I can't wait to see your knitting. Knitting is one craft I have not even attempted. I think I will stick to Crocheting.