QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas ABC and PDG Completed Block Six




I finally finished the quilt top that was giving me sooooooo much trouble! And it turned out all right IMHO!! I am glad to have this much done and now just to wait to get it quilted! It looks neat when it is all done, but what a bugaboo to do!
Also finished the sewing up of Block number 6 of Polka Dot Girls. This one had 3 embroideries in it and 2 applique hearts. The one applique heart doesn't show up very well and I may have to do it over again.
Had such a good time with Debi yesterday at breakfast and on trip to Quilt Mercantile Shop. Congratulations to Quilt Mercantile on getting their website up and running! Found some more fat quarters for the PDG quilt top since it looks like I may run out and had fun just looking around. Some people are so much fun to be with and she is one of those people--she made me a wonderful bag like the yellow one in this picture---I just love it--it is just the right size to take along with a project.
Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Lovely, I adore those polkadot ladies!

pollyanna said...

What a neat alphabet quilt top! I am looking forward to seeing it quilted! And Happy New Year, My Jan! *smooch*

Debi said...

The panel turned into a beautiful quilt top. I may have to ask you help in completely mine. As always, your PDG block is awesome.

Wilma Lee said...

Great alphabet quilt!! I always enjoy looking at your work.

Cathi said...

The Polkadot Ladies are so cute. I love hand embroidery. Thanks for the link to the Quilt Mercantile's web site. Although it's kind of far from me, it's one of my favorite shops.