QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

One Step at a TIme


Started a new quilt yesterday and have 2 blocks done. This one used a jelly roll and was fun trying to get all the colors used up and placed the right way in it! But the first two blocks look good! It will only have 9 blocks since the blocks measure 14"x 20". Big blocks, so need fewer of them--in this case just nine to make a smaller lap top size. The fabrics are called "Portugal" by April Cornell. I seem to be taking a liking to her fabrics lately because I used some of her "Little Romance" in my Heirloom Romance quilt. Once you get the hang of it, these blocks go together very easily. The pattern is called "One Step at a Time and is by Kansas Troubles Quilters and is a Jelly Roll Project. It is designed by Lynne Hagmeier. I think it is a great pattern for showing off the fabric, don't you?

I'm having lots of fun with these jelly rolls, but sometimes have a hard time finding patterns that will work for just any jelly roll. Some of the patterns call for specific Jelly Rolls and that is fine except it doesn't always work for the one that I have!!! But sometimes you just have to "Make It Work" just like Tim Gunn says on the Project Runway show!!!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, Jan,I just ordered my first jelly roll from Fat Quarter shop.Want to finish up a small wall hanging using Wildflower Sernade. I had 2 charm packs given to me and needed more to complete. Will love to see what your completed one looks like. Aunt Eileen

Peggy said...

Thank you for inspiring me! I've nominated you for a blog award.... The 'Brillant Weblog'. Check out my blog for the details.

hkat said...

i love project runway!

Karen said...

Jan, I love your blocks for the "One Step at a Time" quilt! Love the fabric choices too. have fun with this!