QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, August 15, 2008

What I did over summer vacation....







I went to a fabulous 3 day retreat and had a ball. We arrived at Create-Away Cottage around Noon on Monday and got moved in and set up, ate our brown bag lunch and started in sewing. We stopped for supper and then sewed some more. I did make 2 trips to the local quilt store....what a fun place to look and buy fat quarters and a quilt kit that was 1/2 price--just couldn't resist! Then more sewing and chatting and eating! I finished my Grandmother Flower Garden wall hanging, 4 Yellow Brick Roads for Operation Hope (a charity that one of the other girls is working with) and a square of redwork. It was a very very productive 3 days for me! I was very happy! We left at 3:00 on Wednesday afternoon feeling very satisfied.

Create Away Cottage was such a wonderful place to hold a retreat--lots of lighting and lots of space to work--we each had our own big table to spread out on, and there were 2 cutting table and 2 big board ironing tables. The sleeping accommodations were lovely. We brought our own food that our dear, fearless leader had planned ahead of time and we each had signed up for--that worked out very well and everything tasted so good!!! All in all a wonderful place to get away for three days. Of course I thought the company of women I was with were excellent!!!! Such nice people! Everyone should go on at least one retreat in a lifetime!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

In a lifetime? How about once a year? At least! *s* Love the hexagon and applique wallhanging.

Debi said...

YOu got so much accomplished and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time.