QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Disappearing 9 Patch




This is a Disappearing -9-Patch block and it is so fun to do. Vickey at Quilt Mercantile gave me a copy of the pattern that is located on the web and we both decided that this airplane fabric would work so well and it did!! You basically cut 5" squares, make a 9 patch (picture 1) and then cut it in half both ways, turn 2 of the patches a half turn each and viola!! you have a brand new square (picture 2!) The squares are 14" if you use 5" squares to start with, so the quilt will go together quickly. I only got 2 squares done yesterday afternoon since I was quilting some Project Linus quilts also. Just have to bind those today and I can add 3 more to my evergrowing pile!

Only 3 more days and I will be going on a retreat--what fun! A group from Sit N Sew will be going to a place north of here for 3 days of sewing and gabbing and eating and more sewing. I have most every thing ready to go, I think. I have my list from last time and added a few things that I thought would be nice that I didn't take last time. There will 14 of us--a good size group--it's such a fun way to get to know each better and to form some new freindships and get some projects done without distractions!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

3 comments:

Debi said...

What a great block and what litle boy would not love those airplanes.

Jeanne said...

I love those DNP blocks. The airplane fabric is an excellent choice to use.

Anne Gentle said...

That is an amazing technique - the blocking then cutting then reblocking. Wow! Neat-o.