QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Prairie Paisley Quilt Top







Finished this quilt top!! It was quite an undertaking. First came the small parts and then it was put together in rows. There were 3 different kinds of rows to keep straight and a top and bottom. I used a new notion that I had purchased on sale at Connecting Threads--the Fons and Porter little clips -- they are like little clothespins--I put my own stickers on them to mark my rows. They sure were a big help!! They helped me keep the parts of the rows separate, too. (You can see them in the picture.) I forgot to take a picture of the rows as I had them laid out on the floor, but there is a picture of the block--it was hard to keep the mediums and lights apart--that's where the little clips came in handy--as long as I remembered which color was which!!! LOL!! Disclaimer--no affiliation--just a happy customer!!
Our oldest grandchild started kindergarten yesterday--a happy/sad time for all of us--seems like time flies and it was just yesterday that we were heralding her arrival. Haven't heard yet how the big first day went, but I have a call in to hear all about it! Grandmas have to know all about this stuff--you know!!!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

5 comments:

Karen said...

Jan, this is such a beautiful quilt! I love it!

Sheryl said...

That's a beautiful top, Jan. I love the fabrics! The construction looks difficult, too. Good job!

Jeanne said...

It is a beautiful quilt! Love that line of fabrics, too.

Debi said...

Wow this turned out so beautiful. I love the Prairie Paisleys and your quilt is awesome.

Michele Bilyeu said...

What a great job! You deserve to be proud of this hard work and lovely finish! I use little colored clothespins too and just love them. Mine came from the $1 aisle at Target and came in 4 colors and just keeping 4 colors straight is a challenge. I chant...red, blue, yellow, green as I go along. (or was it, red, blue, green, yellow...or..... ;)