QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Red, White and Black Quilt Top Finished


Here is a picture of my red, white and black quilt top that I finished a couple of days ago. My "holder" was available to hold last night so I was finally able to take a picture (sorry it is so dark!) I have to say that this is not one of my most favorite quilts--I think the red is too red or something, since it seems to jump at you and you don't really "see" the rest of the reds, blacks and whites---I'm sure a color theorist could use all the correct terms and tell me the right way, but it just seems "off" somehow! Any thoughts on the subject?
Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan

2 comments:

julieQ said...

Love, love, love this quilt! I need to make a red, black and white quilt too!

pollyanna said...

I like this pattern and love this whole quilt, even though I know what you mean by the links overshadowing the rest of the colors. I don't see read anywhere else. I do love the pattern and love black and white and reds! I think I might find it and make it myself :)