QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

More Civil War Blocks




Finished 2 more sets of blocks for the Civil War quilt! It is moving along quite nicely and quicker than I thought it would. I like doing just a few blocks at a time and they are fairly simple patterns. The fabric is lovely--it was in a kit from my local quilt store, Quilt Mercantile. The first picture shows the blocks that are Card Trick and the second show the blocks that are Sawtooth Stars. I had never done Card Trick before and that was a new experience. By following the picture very, very carefully, I didn't have to do too much "frog" (rip-it, rip-it) stitching!!!!
A week from today is Thanksgiving and we will be in Ohio visiting our DD and her family--can hardly wait to see them again! I sure there will be plenty of tea parties and girly things to do. Isabel will turn 6 on December 3rd and Ilena is 3 on January 4th. So we know there will be one birthday party while we are there! What fun to look forward to!
Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan

4 comments:

Terry said...

Your blocks look great Jan! Where in Ohio does your DD and family live? Being in Ohio myself I'm curious about things like that! :0)

julieQ said...

Absolutely wonderful blocks! My favorite fabrics...hope you have a wonderful time visiting your daughter.

Debi said...

Great blocks Jan, I love the civil war fabrics. I know you will have fun with the grandgirls.

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great time in Ohio. I know it well.
Your civil war blocks look good. Yep the card tricks are a little tricky.

Your cute raffle quilt should do well for the GKs school. You are so lucky to be close to at least one set of Grands.