QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, November 21, 2008

One Raffle Quilt and One Project Linus Quilt




Here is the raffle quilt all finished for the raffle at the grandboys pre-school--I showed it a little while back and thought I would show it all finished with the happy fabric binding on it--that is also what I used for the backing. Love that plaid! Also finished is the Metro Green Yellow Brick Road for Project Linus. Such pretty fabric--I hope someone will like it as much as I do--maybe an older child or teenager!




Now onto some more 1930's Sampler blocks--I made some Flying Geese this morning--she sure has a slick way of making 4 at a time. And squaring them up with her ruler is really a nice way to get wonderful looking Flying Geese. I recommend her method highly! I have to finish this Flying Geese block, then I have one more to go and I can put this Sampler together--this one seems to have gone quickly, even though I have only been working on it hit and miss!
Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan

2 comments:

Myra said...

You are one busy lady Jan. I admire you for all the charity work you do.

pollyanna said...

Your quilts are great as usual! I am enjoying watching you work (as I sit around and relax LOL). My college had a raffle too but I didn't get the wallhanging finished (or actually started!), so I am so far behind!