QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More on Barns Quilt




Well, the jokes on me--I started what I thought were Log Cabin blocks in the barns quilt and well, they turn out to be scrappy half square triangles!!!! The red square in the center really threw me off, I guess. The first picture shows the "A" blocks going together and the second picture shows some of the completed "B" blocks. Have to make 52 of these!! These are a challenge and something I haven't done before, so was a learning experience from the "git-go." Guess it's good to learn new things, isn't it?!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!"

Jan

4 comments:

Karen said...

Ohhh, what a challenge! But, having to make that many of them, you should be an expert after the first 2 and they will go fast. I look forward to seeing the completed quilt.

Debi said...

Great blocks, I love the way they turned out. You will have to show me how you made them.

~Bren~ said...

I love that block. I am a huge log cabin fan, but those are just as wonderful....where did you get the barn pattern and have you shown the other barn quilt???

Sheryl said...

Now I get it! That is a really cute way to get the log cabin look. (Only a true Texan would say "git-go", I think. *wink*)