QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Last Barn Blocks!


These are the last two barn blocks and now onto the log cabins! The log cabins are made a different way--sew strips together and cut half square triangles--should be interesting! The cows are really standing in a pasture, but I decided since they were the only cows I could find that I was going to pretend that was hay!!! And I had to add a doggie somewhere so put him at the end of the lane waiting to greet visitors to the little blue barn! This has been a very fun quilt so far as you can probably tell!

Today is Sit and Sew day at Quilt Mercantile and I am excited to show off my Heirloom Romance quilt now that it is all together. Show and Tell is a very fun part of SNS. We love to see what everyone else has done and what they are working on at the moment. Seems like the customers like to look, too because there is always someone walking around the tables having a "look-see". We will be so glad when the "addition" is done to the shop so that we can spread out more--there are 30 people on the list of those that come to SNS and every Tuesday the tables are full to overflowing. Makes it cozy and fun!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

3 comments:

Debi said...

Great looking barns, can't wait to see the finished quilt.

~Bren~ said...

I am going to love this quilt!! No killer chickens, huh?!
I thought of you on my trip to Galena. I took lots of pictures of barns. I will do a barn post soon. I even saw a circular barn (2 actually) though I could not get a pic. I only took OLD barn pictures. There are some good ones.

Sheryl said...

Jan, I love the way your barns are turning out. I looked at the picture of the finished quilt by taking the link you gave, and it is going to be gorgeous! About the log cabins--how do they get the red square in the middle? Is it just appliqued on?