QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mystery Quilt Fabrics!


A trip to Austin to see our grandsons usually means a stop at The Sewing Basket quilt shop in Salado and this time was no different! Since they were having an awesome sale of 30% off all fabric in the store (25% off +5% more if you gave a donation to the Animal Shelter), I just had to get my fabrics for the Mystery Round Robin quilt that my friend, Debi is doing for this coming year 2008! It will be done nesting style, so the fabrics will never leave home--quite a saving on postage--right??!! I had decided to do it in Christmas fabrics and love what I got! The first block will be posted around January 1st with instructions on her blog. Sounds like it will be lots of fun!

We had a great time in Austin with the grandboys and seeing our son-in-law's parents from Ohio. Evan had lots of fun calling us his "Texas grandma and grandpa" and his "Ohio grammy and grandpa!" Nathan just grinned at us with his 16 month old grin, but I'm just sure I heard him say "grandma" once or twice!! Such treasures. There's nothing like giving a grandson a kiss on the cheek and getting one in return!!! What a blessing!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

2 comments:

Debi said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time with the grandboys. Your fabrics are so pretty, I may have to find a jelly roll of them!

Karen said...

Sounds like you had an enjoyable time with the grandsons! I love your fabrics that you got at "The Sewing Basket". That looks like my kind of shop! Too bad I live so far away!