QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, December 28, 2007

Heirloom Romance Quilt




The start of a new year and the start of a new quilt! This one is called Heirloom Romance and is quite different from the quilts I am used to doing--a step outside the box, so to speak! It has lots of embroidery and crazy patch blocks and beadwork--there's something new for me. I went to the store to buy the beads and was I in for a surprise--overchoice!!!! Two aisles of beads--any kind of bead I wanted there for the taking. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because when I was in Ohio on one trip, my daughter and I went to a bead store--what fun that was, beads of every color and kind and description! It was hard to make up my mind, but I finally made the decision and came home with some beauties.

The first picture shows one of the purses with the embroidery partly done--it will have flowers in the purse and beadwork on it--I think the beadwork will be done after the quilt is quilted, so they don't get smashed by the hoop. The second picture shows 2 of the crazy patch blocks--these are 2 of the smaller ones. These are paper-pieced. There is the option to embroider on the plain blocks of these if desired. Have to see about that! All in all I'm thrilled with it and ready to take on the challenge!!! I hope I feel this way further down the road--LOL!



Let quilting help you make someone smile!



Jan

2 comments:

Val said...

I love it. Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

Ohhhh, do I love your new quilting project! Hope you post occasional photos of its progress. Have fun!