QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me.......




























.....that Spring is finally here. We have been having nice weather, but no rain. The storms have passed us by. I'm glad the bad storms are passing us by, but we could sure use the rain clouds. Especially in western Texas..............the wild fires are terrible. Please pray for the people out there. So many acres are burning and homes are being lost. Last night an entire town was evacuated.


I like to be kept busy doing something, rather than sitting around and fretting and I can pray while I sew. So sewing is it. Making more quilts for Project Linus and a block of the month from Little Miss Shabby with the precious little birdie. That's the first picture and the birdie is all decked out in his Easter eggs and he's even decorated himself!!!



The second picture is of the afghan. The yarn is called "Banana Berry." So that's what I called the afghan. These go so fast and are so much fun to make---mindless crocheting!!!



The next quilt is called "First Steps" and is from M'Liss Rae Hawley's book Fat Quarter Baby Quilts . This is the book that I am challenging myself to do all the quilts in by the end of the year.



And the last two are identical panels------one I put blue side borders on and one I put pink side borders on. That's why I named them " Pink Floral ABC" and "Blue Floral ABC."



Hope you are staying safe from all the spring storms!!



Let quilting help you make someone smile!



Jan




5 comments:

Terry said...

Love your birdie block Jan! And that afghan is beautiful! :0)

Allie said...

Oh Jan those fires are just awful - please Lord send a drenching rain - no storms, just rain!

Love your stitchery and afghan and quilts - glad you're keeping busy! I pray while I sew too. :) And not just so things will turn out, lol.

ponderpiggy said...

More great quilts/afghans, and love your birdie block!!!

C-ya tomorrow!!! Woo hoo!!!

Debi said...

Your birdie blocks is so cute and love the afghans/quilts. I also love the changes to your blog. Thanks again for going with me to sewing date today.

Barb said...

You are so amazing!!!