QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Good Day for Some Cleaning Out!




It was a gray and dreary day that Saturday, so was a good day to go through the scrap basket and see just what was in there! Lots of little pieces and a few long pieces of left-over bindings. So I divided them up and the second picture shows what was left---nice, neat piles of 2.5" strips, now to pick out a pattern from my new book, "Scrap-Basket Surprises" by Kim Brackett published by That Patchwork Place. The trouble is picking just one--there are several that I want to do!!!

What I didn't show was the nice neatly rolled up bindings---all sorted together by colors---I figure that some of my quilts can have a scrappy binding! Most of the Project Linus quilts though have the back pulled to the front and stitched down for binding.

Also I have a bag full of short strips that I still want to use for the Aunt Philly's Toothbrush rugs -- someday I'm going to master that stitch!!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh----that felt good to clean out---now what can I sort through--------my clothes closet-------------nah---fabrics are better!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

3 comments:

Allie said...

Spring does it to me - just want to clean up and clear out! You did a great job. Maybe I'll join you!

julieQ said...

Spring cleaning is a great thing! I have been saving all my binding pieces too, for a scrappy binding. I love all the different colors together.

Myra said...

Doesn't it feel good to be neat and organized? I just wish it lasted longer.