QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Challenge to Myself Number Ten




Well, I've made it to number ten and this is the most labor intensive one yet! This Challenge to Myself quilt has stars which I love, but they are made a different way----with the points in the sashing and border. I had 720--- 1- 1/2" squares to sew on the corners of those sashings and borders, but as you sew it together it is fun as the stars appear and shine! I used scrappy everything for this quilt and I like the way it is turning out!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

6 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

Pretty!! I love stars.

Debi said...

Love the stars and of course blue/yellow. I can't wait to see it finished.

Terry said...

It's going to be beautiful but I think that many little squares would make me faint! LOL

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

You are right the stars do glow, must be your "different" way to making them. I can hardly wait to see the end result.

Myra said...

What a challenge Jan! I love star quilts made in that manner - yours is going to be lovely.

Allie said...

That is quite the challenge, Jan! It's looking lovely!