QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Three Project Linus Quilts to Start the New Year!











Off to a flying start in 2011 with 3 finished Project Linus quilts and a Star quilt for myself that hubby just finished quilting and I bound. Hard to tell what year to count them in because the quilt top was made last year , but the quilting was done this year, so that's when I counted them!
The Star quilt is one of my favorites and was quite a challenge for me, but I did it and I like the way it turned out. I have it hanging in the living room over the sofa.

The second one is from JulieK, a blogging friend---I quilted it and bound it. Isn't it pretty? Thanks so much, Julie! I called it "JulieK Red and White."

The next one is called "Flowers on Noah's Ark." I think it is a Yellow Brick Road.

The last one is called, "Baby Genius Grows Up," after the name of the fabric line.

There are 6 more in the pile to be quilted, so someday they will be done. Time to do some more quilts for me!!! For Christmas, I got fabric for a Church Dash using Civil War Reproductions from my daughter and a flag quilt using different quilt blocks in the stripes. Here is a picture from Keepsake Quilting.

Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan

2 comments:

Terry said...

More lovely quilts! That second one is very pretty! :0)

Allie said...

Jan you blow me AWAY - what is today, the 3rd? LOVE the star quilt!