QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Watercolor Afghan and Birdie Quilt Block




The first picture is from Little Miss Shabby's blog. This is a BOM and this is the first block. I just love that birdie. Several people are doing this one and everyone's is different---so fun to see what different people come up with!

This is another afghan that was made with the varigated yarn from Coats and Clark that was called "Watercolor", so that's what I named it. I does look like the quilts that are put together that way a little bit and it does look like water, I guess. Another fun one!

Our cold temps have gone away for a couple of days, but will be coming back. It is dreary outside---I remember my mother saying, "We'll have to make our own sunshine!" I used to think that was so silly, but now I sort of agree with the phrase. We can only make ourselves happy, can't we?

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

3 comments:

Terry said...

Love your birdie block Jan! It looks great in those soft colors! :0)

Debi said...

Your birdie is awesome and I love the Kashmir IV (as you know)! The afghans are so pretty and I bet they will be very warm.

Allie said...

So pretty Jan - love the way that afghan turned out, it does look like watercolor. I might have to take up crochet again!
Love your mum's saying, how right she is!