QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Churn Dash Top


Have been wanting to do a Churn Dash pattern for a long time and so I did! This is a gift that I got for Christmas from my youngest daughter. She drew my name in the Christmas drawing and gave me the money for the quilt shop (The Glass Thimble) and then took me there! She played "I Spy" with the grandgirls and they were SO good while I shopped and picked out these lovely Civil War Reproductions for this quilt. The pattern is called "Reproductions." The guys went to the camera store while we went to the quilt store, so everyone was happy, then we all went for ice cream, so the girls were happy, too!! All around a very nice afternoon in Columbus, Ohio!

Our weather has been so nice --- temps in the 60s during the day and cooling down at night, but an Artic Cold Front is due tomorrow and maybe even some snow will fall as will the temps---we have been spoiled!!!

I have been crocheting some afghans for Project Linus, too and if it gets cold, I can snuggle down with those! I am finding the nicest varigated yarns by Coats and Clark---they all make up differently---some even make stripes! Fun to see how each one makes up!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I make three to four trips to Columbus each year. My daughter lives there and goes to Ohio State University. Hope you enjoyed The Glass Thimble. Did you also visit Quilt Trends?

Myra said...

What a wonderful gift that you turned into a wonderful quilt. Great job Jan!

Allie said...

Jan I love it - I really need to try that pattern. Love the colors! We're getting that front tonight, going down to about 5 here...yuck...stay warm...I used to love to crochet, but it hurts my wrists now. Enjoy!

Debi said...

So pretty Jan, I love the colors in this quilt. I love crocheting also, will have to pull out my needles and threads.