QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Written in Thread - Top Finished







The top is finished on Written in Thread and now to figure out how to quilt it!!!! I wanted to show you a couple of closeup pictures along with the whole quilt because there is really a lot of work on a 17" x 22" (approximately) piece of work! It is nice to have it done and if I hadn't fussed over the instructions so much, I probably would have enjoyed it a whole lot more than I did! Doing the actual embroidery was fun though--I do enjoy embroidery work!

I'm thinking of starting a BOM that is redwork and comes from Bunny Hill. It's a redwork design of baskets for every month---very cute. It could also be applique. I also have the kit for the doll dresses called Anna Lena that was featured in this month's Fons and Porter magazine. The dresses are a panel that you cut apart and then embellish the dresses with anything you want---it sounds like so much fun! Now that I'm feeling better from the flu bug, I feel like working on that one!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

4 comments:

Allie said...

Oh Jan that is so darling! I LOVE the embroidery.

Debi said...

That quilt is gorgeous. I also have saved the Tisket Tasket redwork patterns. I think the Anna Lena pattern will be awesome for a little girl. Have you seen the Baltimore Bliss redwork patterns on Sindy's website?

Lynn W. said...

Your embroidery is stunning, which in turn makes the quilt gorgeous. It's sooo cute as well. Good job,Jan.

Quilted Quickies said...

Jan, this turned out so CUTE!! The pains of putting it together are hopefully like having a baby...you'll forget over time and then left with only loving thoughts. Cheers!!