QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, June 30, 2008

A New Purse!







Since I needed a break from hand quilting for a little bit, I decided to work on a new purse pattern that I found at the quilt store--it came as a kit with Lakehouse fabric and I thought it was so cute. Well, after making it I've decided it's still cute, but I'll only be making just this one of this purse!! The directions weren't that clear--especially for the parts to put the binding on---and it was just by pure luck that I got the zippers going the right way (there are 2 of them!) The pattern is called BB Bags by Mickey Beebe of Brookshier Design Studio (no web site.) But it's just the right size to wear around your neck to a quilt show!


I also finished the binding on another Project Linus quilt called Green Strings and it goes in the pile with the rest to go to Tyler Project Linus when we make the trip to deliver them.

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

1 comment:

Debi said...

What a cute purse, I love the bright fabrics. The PL quilt is very bright and cheery, just what a needy child would love.