QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Boxy Stars and Pink Kitties--OH MY!




I finished the Boxy Stars and they are very scrappy--lots of fun to do! They are from Bonnie's Quiltville site--a great site! She has many wonderful patterns for scrappy quilts that use even the tiniest of scraps--I don't use the small, small ones like she does, but I do like scrappy !

The second picture shows another Project Linus quilt that goes in the pile for a trip to Stitch' Heaven sometime --maybe this month? The stack has 11 quilts in it now! I called this one Pink Kitties, even though the kitties don't show too well in the picture, they are there......this is the Yellow Brick Road pattern.

Ending on a sad note..today our dear Sister-in-Law, Sandy died. She was only 67 years old. She had been ill for the last 6 months and now she is no longer suffering. I will sure miss her--we had such good times together! So often we would sew the same dress patterns or buy the same glasses frames without the other knowing it--we seemed to have a certain mental telepathy with each other. Our families have many good memories of happy times together. Thanks Sandy, I'm so glad we were in the same family!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan



6 comments:

Karen said...

Jan, I love these two quilts. While I've made a few "YBR" quilts, I'm yet to make a boxy star. Plan to sometime this year, though.

I am SO sorry that you lost your dear SIL Sandy but as you sais, she is no longer in pain. How sad, though! Cherish those fond memories of your fun times together!

Jeanne said...

Two more wonderful quilts! I especially like the boxy stars quilt.

I'm really sorry to read about your DSIL. It's good that you have many good memories of your time together. She is at peace now.

~Bren~ said...

Your quilts are wonderful. So sorry about Sandy. I am praying for your sad heart.

Debi said...

Wonderful quilts Jan, wow you are really on a roll! I am sorry about your SIL, my prayers are with your family.

Gina said...

I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family

love and hugs xxx

Andrea said...

What sad news - that is no age at all.