QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vacation at the Quilt Show and Grandkids!






We had such a fun time with the grandgirls this last long week-end--how much they have grown and Ilena (2 years old) is talking up a storm! Such fun to hear that sweet little voice. Isabel (5 years old) has lots of things to tell us about, too! I had made them both a "Craft Jar" by filling plastic sun tea jars with all kinds of craft items----paints, markers, glue stick, crayons, ribbons, googly eyes, stickers, notepads, pom-poms, and everything else crafty I could think of. Boy, were those ever a hit--we had lots of fun with those and made all kinds of things.


While we were in Columbus, we also went to the NQA National Quilt Show--what a great time we had there. The third picture shows some of the things I bought--couldn't show it all because some of it is for gifts! Don't want to give away the surprise! I got some lovely Lakehouse 1/2 yard pieces which I'll turn into a Yellow Brick Road for Ilena for her toddler bed, which she will be going into soon. Some patterns and a book about jelly rolls and my DH got me one of the new flowered Olfa rotary cutters. It was a wonderful show with many, many vendors and all kinds of wonderful quilts to see. We spent the whole day Saturday there and still didn't see everything!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

1 comment:

Debi said...

Great pictures of the grandgirls. They sure looked like they were having fun. Wow what goodies, I need a charm squares and a jelly roll pattern. I am so glad you had a wonderful time on your vacation.