QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Granny's Garden Quilt











Granny's Garden is a quilt that my husband got me the "ingredients" for instead of flowers when I was in the hospital for my surgery for my torn rotator cuff. Debi got me the pattern a while back and I picked out the fabrics. Maynard says that these kind of flowers last longer than cut flowers!!!! He is right about that! Sorry about the picture being so dark, but that is the best I could do with the black background. The flowers and 9-patch really are very bright!



The second picture is a faux Baltimore Album small quilt that was a panel for the Baltimore Album part that Debi also gave me. The idea is to have a BA quilt without all the applique. The look-alike appliques are actually BA patterns.




The third picture is the pattern Fuji Afternoon (free at the link shown) using Indulgence fat quarters and 1 yard of fabric. I called mine Hearts and Hugs. It is for Project Linus.


Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

4 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Your Granny's Garden is wonderful. I love the black and brights. Your honey is right...it will last longer than cut flowers!!!
The faux BA is great! I love the colors you used. I was thinking of doing the Fuji quilt as a project Linus. Was it easy to do?

Debi said...

Three great quilts, I love them all...great job. You sure have been busy!

Karen said...

Jan, I love Granny's Garden! Your hubby is SO right...these flowers will last forever! All of these quilts are wonderful!

Michele Bilyeu said...

What a fabulously minded husband you have! He not only showed his spirit as a true quilter's husband, he gave you hope that your shoulder would indeed heal and you'd be back doing what you love to do again! That is just so great...sending lots of good thoughts your way so that you can continue to create these beautiful and generous quilts that you make!!