QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Three Rows Mystery Quilt Done

Three rows of the RRRR Mystery quilt are finished! I love the way this one is turning out--the blocks are great ones that Debi is picking out and I love the fabrics--this one I am excited about!!!! Some quilts are like that aren't they?--you really love them after you get into the making of them and some that you thought you would love you turn lukewarm on about halfway through--nobody knows why this is, but it is a fact of quilting life, in my humble opinion!!

Had so much fun on a quilting adventure yesterday--went to Stitchin' Heaven in Quitman, Texas, about an hour's drive away and looked for fabrics for my barn quilt and Maynard's Asian print quilt--found quite a nice array of fabrics to bring home--lots of fabrics to choose from--what a grand time we had looking!!! It was a beautiful spring day and we saw lots of bossy calves and even some little lambs and daffodils. So nice to get out of the house after being cooped up for days with my shoulder surgery. Nice also to get to church and Sunday School this morning again after being absent for several weeks. We often take the little things for granted and miss them when we can't do them................

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

No comments: