QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, March 28, 2008

"Christmas Tidings" in March?


Christmas Tidings is the finished top from the Block of the Week from the Crazy Mom Quilts blog. I set mine differently and did a different border than she did, but I am happy with my results, too. I did mine differently because I only had enough background material for the sashing. I chose the braided border because I had plenty of leftover scraps and wanted to use them up--I still have plenty left for string quilts--I hope it's OK to mix Christmas prints with other prints in string quilts--hope the Quilt Police don't catch me!!! LOL!!! Now to find some extra wide backing material at the LQS and I'll be all set to put this one in the quilting pile--which by the way is growing by leaps and bounds.

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

3 comments:

Myra said...

That braided border is perfect! Great work and beautiful eye candy as usual Jan.

Emily Cole said...

Fun! I love the colors and your braided border. Great job! I hope to have my top complete and basted by the end of the week.

Amanda Jean said...

your quilt looks fantastic! I like the braided border. nice job, Jan.