QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, September 24, 2007

The Great Adventure--A Quilting Retreat!




Start with a lovely lodge, add a space of your own to sew, surround yourself with like minded friends and two + days of time to sew and what do you have?---a quilting retreat!!! What fun! We sewed, visited, looked at other's projects and patterns and magazines to our heart's content and only got up when the bell rang for the delicious meals. We were pampered and spoiled. Plus we had fun games to play--A White Elephant gift exchange where not everyone ended up with the gift they started out with and Fat Quarter Lotto, where you rolled the dice to see which way to pass the Fat Quarters and the last one left with a Fat Quarter won them all--tension was high on that one!!! I was surprised and very excited to win one round and brought home 24 Fat Quarters! Yippee!!

The first picture shows our work space and the second picture shows my winnings!

It was a wonderful week-end and I'd go in a minute with Debi as my partner! Was able to make a Yellow Brick Road, quilt on my Sweet Tea quilt, applique and finish 2 heart blocks which will go to a Quilt Pink quilt (we all made them for the quilt) and finish block # 3 for Forever Flowers BOM (I'll show you a picture of that one tomorrow.) There is no place like home though, is there!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

2 comments:

Debi said...

You really got a lot accomplished, and I (hanging my head) was not that productive. It was only fitting that you won the FQ lotto, espeically since you gave me 9 of them to play with. Mental note to self...reimburse Jan for those FQs (lol).

kcdi said...

Oh, I didn't realize we both had quilting retreats this weekend. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Congratulations on winning the the FQ Lotto!